[Peter Ganten <peter@ganten.org>] Re: /target/lib/modules symbolic links

Can someone assess/apply this patch?  It seems like I introduced a
pretty nasty problem here.

--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

I wrote:
 > I have just cvs updated boot-floppies and found, that the installation
 > of the modules is no longer working. After installing the modules from
 > floppy, there is now
 >
 > /lib/modules -> /target/lib/modules
 > /target/lib/modules -> /target/lib/modules (!)
 > /target/lib/modules.old: 2.2.15

I don't know, what went wrong yesterday, but I have tested it today
again (after CVS update) and it worked. However, looking at the
source indicates that this problem will occur, if somebody installs
kernel and modules twice. Why are you following /lib/modules, if it is
a symlink?

What about this patch?

Greetings,

Peter