Re: [2.2.12]: Failure with compact flavour

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 07:35:46AM +0200, Joerg Friedrich wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Randolph Chung wrote:
>
> > Other people have managed to install 2.2.12, so I suspect either you had bad
> > luck with your floppies, or you have a bad floppy drive :(
> >
> > after you dd the disk, try doing a cmp between the image and your floppy
> >
> > e.g. cmp /dev/fd0 rescue.bin
>
> Yes I did. There was no problem. But I was surprised that this compare
> takes just 2 or 3 seconds. ?
In this case you did a useless compare with the contents of the buffer
cache.

Eject the floppy physically and insert it again, then to the cmp.
What I do is:
dd if=rescue1440.bin of=/dev/fd0 bs=18k
eject and reinsert floppy
md5sum /dev/fd0 rescue1440.bin

The two lines from md5sum are easily beeing checked to be identical.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source