Re: 2.2.12 bf on athlon 600

> what do you mean which flavor? i tried the 2.2.12 bf i don't know
> which version of pcmcia-modules-2.2.15 it is using.

in the images-1.44 directory, you have several subdirectories corresponding
to flavors (udma66, idepci and compact for i386). From which directory did
you download the images to make floppies? did you get the drivers from the
same directory?

> after i copied modules.conf to /target/etc and rerun the
> installation of the eepro module it worked ...

that's something different ... do you have a /etc/modules file now? (with
eepro in it)

> well i don't think the K7M from asus has old bioses on board :).
> well i don't know that much about hardware detecting so was some
> wild explanation. the problem with ram only arises with this
> athlon system. iirc when i set up a pentium and/or alpha system
> the amount of ram was correctly detected by the kernel.

it depends on what the bios tells linux.

> *hmm*, i don't know, but if i have 128mb of ram and just 64 mb is
> detected and this "problem" could be common then it would be
> useful if this is explicitly mentioned in the docs. maybe i
> misunderstand the whole issue then tell me more (or not and i die
> as a dumb person ;)).

The lilo.conf file dboostrap generates already tells the user to read the
docs. We could add something more to it i guess.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/