"simple" install of gnome desktop doesn't get me an X server.

I don't know if this is a problem with the boot floppies per se; it
might be elsewhere.  I'm afraid that the problem will not get fixed if
I don't file a bug, but I don't know which package to file the bug
against.

Anyway: I installed potato from the latest boot floppies (which I
build from the CVS sources, which I update every day).  I chose to do
a "simple" install (as opposed to "advanced"), and chose the gnome
desktop and gnome apps.  The installation proceeded smoothly, but I
noticed that I was never asked to configure an X server.

And then the installation finished, and I was looking at a "login: "
prompt.  I logged in as root, and typed `startx', and was dismayed to
find that there was no X server installed!  At first I thought that
task-gnome-desktop somehow forgot to depend on an X server, but from
looking at /var/lib/dpkg/available, I can see that it depends on
task-x-window-system-core, which itself depends on xserver |
xserver-svga.  So that didn't seem to be the problem.

I didn't know what to do, so I fired up dselect in order to install
the server by hand.  And once I told dselect to start the
installation, I was surprised to see lots of packages get installed
that I hadn't (knowingly) selected.  I think this is the same problem
that I complained about at the end of February: `installation of
`standard' packages comes as a surprise'
(http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-boot-0002/msg00955.html).

Once all those extra packages got installed, things worked better
... but I still didn't have a window manager!  This appears to be a
separate problem; Martin, should I open a bug about this?

So, boot-floppy people: against which package should I file a bug for
this?  Or is it somehow not a bug at all?

--
PGP Fingerprint: 3E7B A3F3 96CA 8958 ACC5  C8BD 6337 0041 C01C 5276