Re: What depends on slang?

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@id-agora.com> writes:

> > -rw-r--r--    1 root     root        87512 Apr 21 14:05 /floppy/lib/libnewt.so.0.50
>
> Is that on i386?

Nope, alpha.

> And that's why there's no libnewt-pic. A *-pic package for a ~51K library
> is overkill, isn't it?

Probably, yeah ... it's not like slang where there's 200k of weirdness
that we never use that just evaporates when we reduce the library.
However I was able to save about 30K or so on Alpha when I tried
reducing newt.  We're not at the point where we need this in order to
fit root.bin on a floppy, so it's not a big deal.

And the architectures where there are space concerns are the ones that
can't use library reduction anyway.

I also tried reducing libpopt and got no savings at all ... YMMV

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.223.0225 mobile