Re: are udma66 disks supposed to support hpt366 ?

bug1 <bug1@netconnect.com.au> wrote:
> I had a play with these uda66 disks, tried to install to a bp6 mobo.

> I would have thought they would support the hpt366 controller, but as
> far as i can tell they dont.

It should.

HPT366 chipset support
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_HPT366
  This is an Ultra DMA chipset for ATA-66.
  This driver adds up to 4 more EIDE devices sharing a single
  interrupt. The HPT366 chipset in its current form is a non-bootable.
  This driver requires dynamic tuning of the chipset during the ide-probe
  at boot. It is reported to support DVD II drives, by the manufacturer.

  Please read the comments at the top of drivers/block/hpt366.c