Re: two items

Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> writes:

> First, is anyone working on updating the documentation to reflect the
> changes to the boot disks?

Many people have volunteered (Bruce Sass, um, and someone else) but I
see very little progress.

I'm hoping on fixing the bugs from the bug tracking system (BTS) and
some gross problems, but if I had someone else to go thru the BTS then
that would let me focus on the higher-level documentation issues, like
maybe adding a "quickstart" section.

Would you like to help?

> Second, it would be nice if there were a way to avoid being prompted for
> the drivers disk. There's nothing on it that I need, so why bother with
> a third disk? (That may have changed, I haven't done an install in a few
> weeks.)

Yeah, well, no can do at this point.  We need to release this baby,
not add new features for the sake of avoiding the installation of
kernel modules.

Wait for woody.