Re: Need to make my own bootdisk, driver-disk and base-install

Hello,

to make your own Boot-Floppy-Set (9 Floppys for SLINK), you need
the Debian-Base-Installation and more then 50 Packages.
The Packages have around 60 MBytes and Installed around 200 MBytes.

If you try

apt-get install boot-floppies

you will get some error-messages about packages not found...
The Packages are there but the Packages file is incorrect !!!

I have copied all neccesary *.deb to one directory (don't ask me
about the time) and had created my own Packages file...

I will put all on a zip100 and install it on a new 540 Mbyte harddisk.
I do not like to have this bunch of packages on my Workstation.

Michelle

At 18:42 14.04.2000 +0900, Junichi Uekawa you wrote
--------> This was the original Message:
karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) cum veritas scribat

>karlheg>
>karlheg>  You can get the `boot-floppies' package and learn to build your own
>karlheg>  boot-floppies, I guess.  For Woody, it would be good to make it
>karlheg>  easier for people to build boot disk sets with custom kernel and
>karlheg>  driver sets.
>
>Is it just me?
>I can't seem to install boot-floppies.
>(and the bug has been filed against it for some while)
>
>~> apt-cache show boot-floppies
>Package: boot-floppies
>Version: 2.1.12
>Section: admin
>Maintainer: Enrique Zanardi <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
>Depends: libc6-pic (>= 2.0.7v-1) | libc6.1-pic, slang1-pic, makedev
(>=2.3.1-10)

>, newt0.25, newt0.25-dev, popt, zlib1g, zlib1g-dev, recode, make, gettext,
slice

>, m4, lynx (>= 2.6), debiandoc-sgml (>= 1.1.29), man-db, libpaperg,
tetex-bin, t

--------> The Reply begins not here, it is at the beginning ^
--
Linux rebootet man in drei Fällen:
Neuer Kernel, neue (Board-)Hardware, Stromausfall....

Aber Windows rebootet man auch in drei Fällen:
Schutzverletzung, Bluescreen, keinen Bock...