Re: m68k boot-floppies

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 05:31:53PM +0200, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > > #if #cpu (m68k)
> > >   struct d_choices keymaps_ami[]={
> > >     { "amiga/amiga-de",        "Germany (Amiga)"           , KBD_de_DE},
> > >     { "amiga/amiga-es",        "Spain (Amiga)"             , KBD_es_ES},
> > > [...]
> > > #elif #cpu (powerpc)
> > > [...]
> > >   struct d_choices keymaps_ami[]={
> > >     { "amiga-de",        "Germany (Amiga)"           , KBD_de_DE},
> > >     { "amiga-es",        "Spain (Amiga)"             , KBD_es_ES},
> > > [...]
> >
> > the second, but then you have to change :
> >
> > prefix=""

> > prefix="amiga"
>
> With prefix you need to have it for each subarch like this:
>
> if atari then prefix "atari"
> if amiga then prefix "amiga"
> if mac   then prefix "mac"
> if chrp then ...
>
> without a prefix you can remove the prefix completly. The name of
> the subarch is in the struct d_choices.
>
> The problem with the leading /   (/amiga/xxx  instead of amiga/xxx)
> cannot be a big problem.

Well, buit in the m68k case, they already separate the different subarch, so
it is not so big a problem. same on apus, since it makes no sense to provide a
choice of mac or i386 keymaps to an apus user, or atari keymaps to an amiga
user. I understand that this is different for the prep/chrp/pmac cases.

i know you like it more without prefixes, but since christians problem is also
to not pass days compiling boot floppies on is slow machine, best is to go
with something that works, and not experiment to much.

notice that i also proposed a way to do just what you propose, later down in
the same mail, or maybe in another one.

How do you solve this samesome problem on prep/chrp/pmac ? or do they have a
leading / in the tarball ?

(Also i guess it would be possible to provide tar with the option to
remove/adding the leading /, but i have no time right no for experimenting.

Is there any new tentative release schedule anyway, since the sometime in
february slipped away some ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER