Re: m68k boot-floppies

> > I have no idea where that images-* subdirectory comes from, or what it is
> > used for, or whatever. What is release.sh trying to do at that stage?
>
> release.sh is responsible of putting everything built so far into a nice tree
> under the release directory, which will later be put into
> /debian/dists/potato/main/disks-m68k/date_of_built/

Thanks, I had a rough idea what release.sh does in general. What I'd like
to know is what context that move or copy was in: move loose files into
subdirectories as you described, or copy the machine specific file set
into one directory to build the install-<machine>.lha from there?

> how comes you need the same file into various places, this don't seem very
> efficient to me, and maybe is not needed ...

Way back in the old days when I built m68k boot-floppies (before there was
a powerpc port to release), we decided to offer all required files for one
machine type, minus the base archive, in one LHA archive, or StuffIt
archive, or whatever might be the archiver of choice. The easiest way to
do this is to copy all files into some release/<mach>/debian/ directory,
archive that directory, then remove the whole thing again. The user
downloads the appropriate archive plus basex_y.tar.gz, unpacks the archive
and boots. We have a number of Mac users so we need to make it easy :-)

	Michael