Re: m68k boot-floppies

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:13:38AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > - drivers-1.bin isn't a MSDOS floppy image, apparently. What is it? (dd to
> > > a floppy doesn't result in anything readable by mtools)
> >
> > It's the drivers.tgz file run through floppy_split, so the drivers can now
> > span more than one floppy disk.
>
> And how can I create a useable tar archive from that again? Plus maybe
> floppy_split shoulc check the size of the input file and not split
> anything if it's less than the floppy size?

The distribution should also contain the drivers.tgz archive, at least it does
for me.

As notice, powerpc-specials/bootstrap-apus.tgz contains the ppc/apus bootstrap
program, as well as dmesg and bootmesg. This bootstrap program is also able to
boot debian/m68k on amiga subarch. Maybe we should/could share the archive ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER