Re: m68k boot-floppies

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 11:13:30AM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 08:31:18PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > I've downloaded the stuff and a few things strike me as odd:
> I tried it on amiga lst night.
>
> > - resc1440.bin: root.bin is missing. Well, it won't have fit anymore so we
> > can as well dump the bootargs stuff unless I can find a way to load kernel
> > and ramdisk from different floppies.
> >
> > - drivers-1.bin isn't a MSDOS floppy image, apparently. What is it? (dd to
> > a floppy doesn't result in anything readable by mtools)

> > surprise, it is actually called atari/atari-de.bmap in the tarball.
> > Manually loading the map went fine so it's not broken as such.
> same problem here, amiga/amiga-de.bmp <-> bmap
> Is this fixed in CVS now? I see
> keymaps.sh:     dumpkeys | $scriptdir/loadkeys -b > $kmaptmpdir/$k/$j\.bmap
> which might fix this?

My fault, i think, please look at the utilities/dboostrap/kbdconfig.c file,
and remove the leading atari/ from the bmap file description, and add the
"atari" prefix later on. If you want, i could do it and fix it in CVS, as i
did it for amiga/ppc.

Also the .bmp/.bmap message is just a bad message, it is searched correctly by
the program, but just the error message is wrong, and correcting it breaks the
internationalization stuff, did not try to fix that.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER