Re: m68k boot-floppies

> > I bet the makefile won't unpack the m68k-support tarball for you. Unless
> > Nick fixed it, that is.
> I have to unpack it, otherwise the build fails. When I run two builds in
> parallel (with 2.0.36 and 2.2.10) kernels, the build fails as well, since
> the tmp files which are loop mounted have indentical names. If I forget to
> remove those files, or to unmount them after a build, the build fails...

Two in parallel ... I obviously never tried this. But the tmp files should
have the PID as part of the file name - what are these names like?

> And make resc720atari.bin fails:
> mkdosfs 2.5 (07 Jan 2000)
> I: mounting new disk image at /var/tmp/boot-floppies/mnt.rescue
> I: installing atari bootloader
> I: installing kernel 'linuxatari'
> cp: /var/tmp/boot-floppies/mnt.rescue/linux: No space left on device

Well, no big surprise. Scrap the 720 k disks please. I doubt I can get a
more compact kernel.

> I guess this target has to be removed from the makefile for 2.2.10 kernels.
> Did that now, if I dont find another trap, I should have all files + changes
> or whatever debian/rules is creating in a few hours.
>
> Seems I have to promise people a CD to find somebody willing to test this...

Nope, I'll gladly download the Atari part for a test. I'll even dig out my
Falcon for this (it's still sitting in the box from moving it back to
.de). It'll be a base install only and maybe (if the ethercard holds up)
apt-get install but we'll see what works that way.

	Michael