Re: Testing the new boot floppies

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> The policy manual says that all standard packages should be installed by
> default "if the user doesn't select anything else". Randolph and I have
> talked about this before, inconclusively. I don't know if it makes sense to
> only install standard if you select no tasks in tasksel, or what.

Yikes, that is toughie.  Maybe kick it over to debian-policy?

I would think at this late stage in the game, that it maybe shouldn't
be added.  Or, perhaps, ask the user if they want std priority pkgs,
and offer to list them?

Should I file a wishlist against tasksel for this?

I personally think we have a lot of gaps in what is installed by the
task-* packages, but I haven't heard too many complaints.