Re: powerpc/apus 2.2.8 boot floppies report.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 01:55:32PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 10:13:38AM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Hello, ...
> >
> > here is my experimentation with the 2.2.8 boot fgloppies on apus :
> >
> >   * the kernel used is too old, i hope next build will use a newer kernel (the
> >     current kernel package should be ok).
>
> kernel-image-2.2.10-apus_2.2.10-9.deb, or is there a newer one?  I'll
> try to do another build real soon.

Are you aware that the version in disks-powerpc/2.2.8-something is not the
same as the one you built, i got that one.

And yes there is a newer one, its -10 and fix some modules problem i had with
ppp.o and other related stuff. Did upload it yesterday.

> >   * there is still problems with the keyboard configuration, apparently
> >     setting the prefix to "" makes dbootstrap search /amiga/amiga-fr.bmap,
> >     while amiga/amiga-fr.bmap is provided. I will revert to using a "amiga"
> >     prefix. How is it that this works for powermacs and other powerpc's ? what
> >     about the m68k guys ? Hartmut, What do you think about it ?
> >
> >   * i will add the bootstrap program that is needed to launch linux on apus in
> >     a new $release/apus/bootstrap dir. is powerpc-specials the right place for
> >     this ?
>
> Yes, powerpc-specials is the right place, I think.

Ok, i put it there, it's in CVS.

> >   * I had problems when trying to read the recue.bin file while installing the
> >     kernel. it uses Amiga as prefix instead of apus. did fix that, but it
> >     still didn't want to install.
>
> Did you commit that to CVS?

Yes, but i don't think it will solve the real problem, will wait for another
build from you since right now i am having lack of time until this week end.

what do you think about the prefix issue ?

Friendly,

Sven, LUTHER