Can't configure inn2

In my original install of my system off bf 2.2.8, I was forced through a LAN based
configuration.  While skipping through it, I either left the field with the domain blank,
or blanked it out.

I have been unable to configure or install inn2 since, and I suspect it may have something
to do with those original choices.  I keep getting the error

wheat:/etc/init.d# dpkg --configure inn2
Setting up inn2 (2.2.2.2000.01.31-1) ...
building history database in /var/lib/news... Hostname does not resolve or 'domain' in inn.conf is missingdpkg: error processing inn2 (--configure):

My inn.conf looks fairly benign, so I suspect this has something to do with my original network configuration.   I'd appreciate any advice.  Here are some particular questions:
1) How can I rerun the basic network configuration?  Or is it too fundamental to change?
2) Where is the info kept?

Here are some files which may be relevant:
-------------------inn.conf-----------------------------------

fromhost:	stanfordalumni.org
server:		news.mindspring.com
domain:		stanfordalumni.org
mta:		/usr/sbin/exim

------------------ alternate inn.conf (wheat is my system name)-------------
fromhost:	wheat
server:		news.mindspring.com
domain:		wheat
mta:		/usr/sbin/exim

ip_forward=no
spoofprotect=yes
syncookies=no

With any luck, the correct return address will appear on this message.
I am using dial-up for my networking (to mindspring) and RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
is the proper return address.