Re: README-Users.m4 > README.txt

In reference to a message from Karl M. Hegbloom, dated Mar 18:

>  It was pointed out that the README is installed with *nix line
>  endings, and cannot be viewed in the Windows notepad because of this.
>  I just did an experiment...  I ran `recode latin1..ibmpc' on it, and
>  found that `less', `more', `busybox more' and `cat' will all display
>  the file fine with DOS line endings.  So, I'll update the
>  `release.sh' and make certain that the README is named with a .txt
>  extension, and has DOS line endings.

hm... how about vi or emacs?!

Windows users should be either select ASCII when they do FTP transfers
(which is what that option is for anyway), or use an editor like wordpad or
MSWord, which can deal with unix or dos line endings.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/