Re: More on the release.sh breakage; padding disk images

Eric Hanchrow <offby1@blarg.net> writes:

> Here's another reason why it might be nice to pad *all* the disk
> images (i.e., all those that are smaller than a full floppy): the
> current release of VMware (2.0) chokes when reading from an image that
> is smaller than it expects.  For example, I regularly install from

Yeah.  This is not relevant for root.bin though, as it's not a
filesystem, just a compressed image, and it's only read by the Linux
kernel (which basically just reads blocks from the device until it's
done)

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 tel