Re: Installation Manual

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 09:50:04PM -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
> I have now gone over the installation manual (x86 v 2.2.7 11-feb-00) in
> detail, and have lots of line-edits and ideas for restructuring.  I am not
> promising I have the time to do something useful, but I'm warming up.  So I
> have a couple of questions.

What about writing, in addition to the full Installation Manual, a
short manual that would give the necessary info for the most common
case? On i386 platform I would assume that at most 5 pages are enough
to give necessary info for 90% of the users. Other platforms may be
even better, they are not so fragmented as the i386 that can have
almost anything inside the box.

This short manual would be easier and faster to translate, so we might
get useful installation info for more languages.

If no other takers, I can take your diffs to the Installation Manual,
and commit them to CVS. But you should have the SGML system set up so
that you can format the debiandocsgml source, otherwise theres gonna
be a lot of tagging mistakes.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI