Re: miscellaneous problems and questions

Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org> writes:

> The scripts look in tool_dir for the file. tool_dir is defined in
> boot-floppies/config, which you need to customize for your particular
> setup....

Hi Randolph, I had set up the tool_dir in the config file but I took
my queue from the milos entry below it which was a relative path.  I
changed it to an absolute path and everything is fine and finished the
compile and everything.  I want to thank you for your insightful
suggestions.  Although it still doesn't answer the 'sed' problem when
running make check as myself, but it works fine as root so I guess it
doesn't really matter.

On another note, if you place .deb files in the local or updates
directory will it take those in lieux of the standard mirror tree.  I
need to change some packages for speech output so I want to figure out
how to have them included with out changing the boot floppies as much
as possible.

  Kirk

e-mail: kirk@braille.uwo.ca		University of Western Ontario
phone: (519) 661-3061