Re: another 2.2.6 report (sparc)

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 10:46:48AM +0100, Eric Delaunay wrote:

> Package: boot-floppies
> Version: 2.2.6
> Date: 2000-02-04
> Architecture: sparc
> Configuration: SparcClassic, 24MB RAM, 1GB HD, CG3 display.
>
> Hello Ben & all other ones who work on boot-floopies,
> I'm sorry I have nearly no time to work on boot-floppies at the moment (to much
> work at my office).  But I have had some hours to spend on yesterday though.
> Here is my little work...
>
>   I tried to install the latest 2.2.6 snapshot for sparc and did some
> compile/trial from 2000-02-11 CVS snapshot.

Thanks for taking the time. I really could use an experienced tester with
this (even a little help :)

I already switched the sun4cdm images to using the 8x16 font.

>   c. cannot go further after kernel & modules installed
>
>   => due to subarchive modconf.tgz in sun4cdm/drivers.tgz that is missing
>      important files like usr/share/modconf...
>      Worked after I replaced it with my own built.

Not sure what the problem is here. I didn't have any problems with the
sun4u stuff. I'll take a look at it later.

Thanks,
  Ben

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '