Re: [vague discussion] woody boot-floppies plans

On Mon Feb 07, 2000 at 10:00:54PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> I think framebuffer is the right way to go, but whether it's in the form of
> a custom library or not... i dunno. Unfortunately none of the common
> framebuffer libraries (GGI for the most part) have widget sets.
>
> Microwindows (search on google) shows some promise. If we can find something
> so that we don't have an extra piece of code to maintain it's probably best;
> but if we do decide to work on a custom library, I'd be interested in
> helping out.

Some possable light weight graphics libs that target
the Linux framebuffer.

microwindows/nano-x
    http://microwindows.censoft.com/

SDL (used for example in Civilization Call To Power)
    http://www.devolution.com/~slouken/SDL/

Allegro (used for the original Doom and Lineo's embrowser)
    http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/12/14/945176223.html

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/