Re: [vague discussion] woody boot-floppies plans

> Starting in May I will have significant time to work on free
> software again.  Would people be interested in my continuing my
> work on the GUI installation that I began before?  If it has to
> be completely rewritten from scratch, big deal--I wrote it over a
> weekend before anyway.  But is the custom-library framebuffer
> approach something that's agreed to be a good idea on principle?
> After all, it can fit on a floppy, which X11 definitely can't.

I think fb is definately superior to X11, just in terms of X11 being a
nightmare and way overkill.

I however think the approach of using the whiptail lib and racheting
in fb support may not be not right -- it might never work like we want
it.

It's up to the next boot-floppies leader after me, but I would thinkt
he first thing would be to try to get a nice fb iface for debconf...