Re: Status of Potato?

> > Hopefully tonight I can try a generic install at home which rarely
> >gives me problems.  If things are hurried, I have a spare harddrive
> >for my laptop that I can give a try on, but a co-worker will want to
> >use that in a few days.
>
> I know there are several problems with the compact flavor.  Either the
> 'compact' option is not being set, or dbootstrap is not looking at
> that option correctly.  Known bug in 2.2.5.

Ok, I gave it a try with non-compact on a pretty generic P90.  Dhcp failed
here too, I am unable to ping from either direction after a manual config,
and netfetch of course fails.  The good news, keyboard config works
properly.  The driver install was also successful.

Network card: Realtek 8139
ifconfig on server:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:20:18:11:23:D2
          inet addr:10.0.0.2  Bcast:10.255.255.255  Mask:255.0.0.0
          Collisions:0
          Interrupt:10 Base address:0x300
ifconfig on target is similar except that the inet addr is 10.0.0.1.
Looking at the output now shows that it received the packets, but never
sent any.  The route table looks normal.  There is no gateway or dns here.
Just a hub and a few machines.  Dhcp works fine for my laptop.

Side note, if there are instructions of converting base2_2.tgz to
floppies, I test that part of the install.  Otherwise, I'm dead in the
water for now.

Brandon

    Brandon Mitchell  *  http://public.surfree.com/bmitch
  bmitch@surfree.com  *  ICQ: 30631197