Re: Debian Installation from non IDE bootable CDROM (SoundBlaster 16)

You could go to the command line (alt-f2) and do a few manual commands
to check the module is loaded. lsmod will list all currently loaded
modules. insmod sbpcd inserts the module

If the module is loaded, and install from proprietry cd doesnt work, you
could try mounting the CD to a directory from the command line, and then
choose install from mounted directory instead of install from cd.

To mount the cd to the /instmnt directory type something like
mount -t iso9660 /dev/sbpcd /instmnt then

Im not sure about the CD you have.. i dont remember any install from
proprietry cd in dbootstrap, maybe they customised the install
In anycase registering the product would refer to registering the
product with the people who made (packaged) the cd/book combo.