Re: boot-floppies and potato cd in harmony?
On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> I've just uploaded boot-floppies 2.2.5. You can look / download the
> materials as they will eventually propogate to potato at
I've just grabbed it, not yet tested. (Don't even know if I'm going to test it
- Old Rawrite 1 not there any more? Yet "I'm not 100% postive that it will
work" in the .txt.
- no disks-<size>/<flavor>/README for every flavor (i.e. "compact")
- For really micro-minimal size, you could hardlink the corresponding
disks-<size>/<flavor>/README's (maybe you do this already, can't see)
- disks-2.88 should have a file that explains why there are no base disks
(and that you have to use 1.44 for that). Likewise for all the <flavors>
that offer only "replacements" for the "un-flavored" version.
- Overall README should point specificly to doc/install.en.html and .txt
(i.e. no too-general thing like "look in doc/", but tell exactly in
which file to look. The naming is not obvious to non-Linuxers)
- install.en.pdf is pretty long. It would be very nice to see a
"small print" version, as in "mpage -2" to save some paper
- compact/install.bat is incorrect in that it can't be started from compact/