Re: state of boot floppies

    Randolph> 4. The "Make Linux bootable directly from harddisk"
    Randolph> option is not working at all right now.

 This didn't work with the 2.2.4 set I've used twice now.  I found
 that going to vt2, getting a shell, and typing `lilo' makes it reboot
 from HD.

    Randolph> 8. modconf seems to work with dbootstrap now and has
    Randolph> lots of descriptions.  I've heard it still has some
    Randolph> problems and will try to track it down (#55404 and some
    Randolph> that were reported to me privately)

 Selecting modules for ethernet cards works, but not completely.  I
 installed a masquerading proxy DSL gateway, which has two ethernet
 cards.  The first one requires no parameters, and worked fine.  The
 second one requires an io=0x330 parameter.  From the modconf
 interface, it insmod's and works, but after the reboot, it doesn't
 because the paramter is not written to the /etc/modules file.