Re: post installation and reboot tasks (was Re: diskles-image-*)

Erik Andersen <andersen@xmission.com> writes:

> Just curius, exactly _when_ would adduser be called?
> This is after the reboot into the newly installed system, right?

Yes, after reboot, just as it is now.  No difference there.  We're
just talking about debconf'ifying it, which has the benefit of being
nicely customizable, i.e., possibly you could have boot/install args
telling debconf you only want critical questions asked (fewer or
almost no questions), or even be able to stuff a configuration into
debconf that would be followed, or load it from LDAP or
such.... (although I don't think such things are supported yet).