Re: diskles-image-*

Brian May wrote:
> (Does dpkg-reconfigure re-invoke the preinst and/or postinst scripts?)

Yes, that's exactly how it works. Running dpkg-reconfigure on a package is
the same in theory as downloading the .deb, turning on debconf's "ask
questions more than once" mode, and reinstalling the .deb. Except it's
faster and doesn't require the download. So it runs the postinst, postrm,
etc in the same order they would be run in a reinstall.

> I made a fully debconf version of my diskless-image-* packages, when I
> suddenly realized, this will only work if the base*.tgz file contains
> some sort of debconf support. What should I do?

It does now, thanks to the work of Randolph Chung.

> What is the difference between debconf and debconf-tiny? Are there any
> things I should watch out for so my packages are debconf-tiny
> compatable?

No. Debconf-tiny is debconf, just stripped down to one frontend (dialog
based), and with no bloat from the excessive documentation that comes with
debconf.

--
see shy jo