Re: Need help using dhcp during the installation process

On Sat, Jan 01, 2000 at 07:48:47PM -0800, Bing Ho wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running a cable modem installation that uses dhcp to dynamically
> allocate ip addresses, and I would like to somehow use ISC's dhclient
> program during the right time to install Debian, presumably through the ftp
> or http protocol. My intended Linux gateway has no cd-rom drive, which is
> the reason why I'm asking this question.
>
> Where and how would I go about modifying the boot floppies, or adding an
> extra floppy, with the dhclient and appropriate configuration files, to
> install the system?
>
> I'm new to this entire system, so please bear with my ignorance.
>
> Thanks,
> Bing Ho

  Currently boot-floppies doesn't support DHCP.  It will be included in
  boot-floppies 2.2.5 (we're about to release 2.2.4) most probably, we're
  working on it.

  Installation over HTTP has been added to boot-floppies this weekend, and
  will be included in 2.2.4.  It hasn't been tested properly, so it might
  not work 100% till boot-floppies 2.2.5.

  You should be able to configure your network settings via DHCP and to
  install Debian over HTTP mid january.

  Cheers,

         Marcel

  Please send a Cc to me when replying to me on this mailinglist.