Re: ptr to docs on building custom install disk/kernel

Preston -

For slink, the rescue disk is also the installation disk.  It actually
has a DOS filesystem, and the kernel is a plain file.  You can just
copy your new kernel onto the disk and proceed.  For potato, the
kernel and initial root filesystem are on separate floppies.  I don't
know whether the kernel disk is as easy to customize.  However, if you
can build a custom kernel disk, you should be able to manage the rest
of the installation.  When it comes time to reboot, you may have to
boot using the rescue disk, then install the custom kernel manually.

I hope I have not misled you, but if so I'm sure someone else will
straighten us out.

	   - Jim Van Zandt