Re: grep persist /etc/ppp/peers/provider -B2

Shaul Karl <shaulk@israsrv.net.il> writes:
> Looking at base2_1.tgz I saw that

> rakefet:/# grep persist /etc/ppp/peers/provider -B2

> # Keep Modem up even if connection fails
> persist

> Would not it be better if the persist option be commented out?

I suppose so, but that file won't work as distributed anyway.

Adam Di Carlo writes:
> I'm am CC'ing the pppconfig pkg maintainer, because that is the person
> responsible for this.

That file comes with ppp, which I do not maintain.  Pppconfig generates one
to replace it.  'persist' is now an option in pppconfig, and is off by
default.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)