Re: fbset

On Wed Dec 15, 1999 at 07:52:16PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> I've been working on a small version of busybox fbset with an aim towards
> removing fbset (the package) from base. If someone would like to take a look
> and help out, I'd appreciate it.... (it's in boot-floppies cvs)
>
> Basically the idea is that the original fbset uses bison/lex to parse
> fb.modes; this can be replaced by a simple parser, or optionally compiled
> out of fbset for the initial system.
>
> randolph

tausq this sounds awesome! I don't know for sure if I will have a chance
to look over it before the 27th. We have a big deadline this week at
work, and I fly out to visit my parents for Christmas on Friday. I'll
_really_ try to squeeze some time in tomorrow to look it over. Hmm. I
think my Dad has a cable modem at his workplace... I may get some time
over the Christmas Holiday.

On the fb.modes, I suspect that for most common graphics modes the
information could be encoded in a compiled in struct to avoid the need
for a parser -- at least that could be the default with a BB_FEATURE_FOO
option to compile in the parser for fb.modes.

I really want to take a look. I hope I can squeeze it in tomorrow.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org