["Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk>] Re: 2.2 kernel "flavors" needed for i386 -- any list?

--- Begin Message ---
Try a boot disk that does not use the test for a DC390T SCSI card from
Tekram but uses the generic AM53/7C??? driver instead.  The disk in
19991118 sees two SCSI cards in my machine: the DC390T is detected first
as scsi0 and then the AM53/7C??? (can't remember the numbers!) detects a
scsi1.  Result stack trace and locked machine :(

I've reported essentially the same bug to Corel -  Corel Linux hangs
immediately on boot.

It's worth noting that one of the compilation options for the DC390
is for this to be recognised as the only adaptor and for the system
not to install other drivers.  This is what I have done in kernel 2.2.13
compiled locally - it works fine, so I know it's a module/test issue
and not just that the card is faulty.

Hope this helps,

Andy

--- End Message ---