Re: ["Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk>] Re: 2.2 kernel "flavors" needed for i386 -- any list?

> From: "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: 2.2 kernel "flavors" needed for i386 -- any list?
> To: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
> Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:24:55 +0000
>
> Try a boot disk that does not use the test for a DC390T SCSI card from
> Tekram but uses the generic AM53/7C??? driver instead.

Would it be possible to send us a .config file used to configure a
working kernel, hopefully one which is as similar as possible to the
potato 2.2.13 .config file used for the stock kernels?

Or, you could just tell me: disable CONFIG_SCSI_DC390T and enable
CONFIG_SCSI_AM53C974 (now a module), and that's it?

Is there any reason why perhaps the default kernel should ship this
way by default?  Is it a trade-off either way?