Re: i18n boot-floppies (was Re: restart after the base install)

On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 06:00:52PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > So, to make the boot floppies use localized messages, it's necessary to put a
> > localized version of /etc/messages.trm.
>
> Yes -- now this assumes that we have one root disk for each language,
> right?
Yes, as we had with the previous scheme: our localization approach made us
create one bootable disk for every language.  That's why (if I remember
correctly) the idea to provide all disks was thrown away: we had to include
14 (or something) disks for i386, 14 for ... etc.

> Remember that on architectures w/o library reduction, every byte is
> critical.
I do remember about that.  But when I try to create a bootable disk, I fail. :)

And it looks there is a problem with fonts.  At least, I could not find a
resolution yet.

--
Mike