Problems installing with CVS updated 12/8

Hello debian-boot people;

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'm getting a whole bunch
of modprobe errors just prior to startup of dbootstrap.  Something about
not finding /lib/modules/2.2.13.  Forgive me if noting this is
redundant.

After dbootstrap starts and installation has progressed to "Install
Operating System Kernel and Modules,"  I normally can just press enter
through "Select Archive path" after selecting the CDROM on /dev/hdc.
However, this time, dbootstrap returned "couldn't find
disks-2880/rescue.bin" after pressing enter at "list: Choose from a list
of all archive paths."  When I selected "manually: Enter the directory
containing the archive files" and entered
"dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current," it found the archive and
proceeded.

When I got to the phase where dbootstrap installs the base system, I had
no problems when pressing enter at "list: Choose from a list of all
archive paths"

One note is that dbootstrap looks for disks-2880/rescue.bin, but the
build generates disks-2.88/rescue.bin.

After selecting boot from /dev/hda1 (where I installed Debian) by
default, install an MBR, and "reboot the system," it hung with a message
to the effect of "waiting to reboot".  Giving it the three finger salute
restarted the system.  The system hung on start-up where the lilo prompt
would have normally appeared.  I came up on a rescue disk and, aaaargh,
the whole hard drive was swiped clean, partitions all gone and no
installation to be found.  Man that's ugly.

Just to be sure, I updated, built, and burned another CD.  Same thing.
Lastly, to rule out any coincidental hardware failures, I successfully
did an install from a CD I burned using yesterday's CVS build.  One note
is that a new version of mbr came down the pike today.

--
Craig H. Block, Debian ia32 user
Linux 2.2.12 SMP i686 building CVS bf