Re: manual selection of devices

Hi Glenn, Adam,

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 01:14:02AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Glenn McGrath <Glenn.McGrath@jcu.edu.au> writes:
> > 4) Being able to manually select the partition should enable installing
> > to loop and raid(with some manual work from console) and other
> > non-standard block devices.
> That would be great...
> Are you implementing the stuff where you are sniffing around in
> /proc/ide and /proc/scsi for devices?  I'm a little skeptical we could
> get this in time but it would be really nice.

I think what I'm doing will tie in quite nicely with this.

I have fdisk_reread() trying devices from the following list (copied
straight from my new code):

	#if #cpu (i386)
	#elif #cpu (m68k)

Which means MD devices should be given to select_not_mounted() through

I've been holding back a little because I've been trying to make sure I
don't include tape drives and CD-ROMs - Erik has been helping me out here.
I'd probably be the one Adam is thinking of, grubbing around in /proc. :-)

However, I think I should send in what I have now and add to it later -
I'll make it a little more respectable (comments, etc.) and post it to
the list in a couple of hours.