Re: lilo splash screen patch

I had a look at the page you are referring to; that is not the Corel
Lilo patch.  When I get a chance, I will be packaging my patches.

I'm not exectly sure what the page you found will do, it appears that it
will display a 320x200 image and then do the standard Lilo stuff.  The
Corel Linux patch to Lilo provides a selection menu and uses cursor keys
to select the boot image.

There are several good reasons for 320x200x256...
 - the boot-loader runs in real mode, 320*200 = 64000 ( <64K )
 - byte per pixel makes drawing easier, speed is not a concern, my mini
graphics driver is about 1500 bytes of code (draw char, draw box, tint
area, decompress screen, save/restore screen, set palette...)

Given a choice between 320x200x256 and 640x480x16, what would you
choose?

P.S.  My 16 colour mini graphics driver is twice the size and does not
include tint area