Re: dac960 devices on boot-floppies

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 08:16:51AM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:

> I put /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info into the kernel for exactly this type of

Neat.  Will this be present in the Potato install kernel?

> You can also check /proc/ide/hd?/media and if it says "cdrom", you
> it is an ATAPI cdrom.

Even better.  However, I don't see /proc/ide on any of my systems ...

> it is an ATAPI cdrom. You can check /proc/scsi/scsi and if a device
> claims it is "Type: CD-ROM" then it is. For a dac960, you can read

Ah, wonderful!  Presumably anything "Type: Direct-Access" is safe as
an install target - can anyone with a SCSI tape or CD writer confirm?

> claims it is "Type: CD-ROM" then it is. For a dac960, you can read
> /proc/rd/c0/current_status, and it'll tell you lots of interesting

Unfortunately I don't have a dac960, and no longer have access to a
smart2-equipped system.  Would some kind person please email some live
samples?

Thanks for the info, Erik.

Regards,

Mark.