Re: dac960 devices on boot-floppies

Hi,

Well, I now have something much better for fdisk_reread(), but a couple
of issues have come up.

1.  Non-disk devices: IDE CD-ROMS can be detected by ioctl(CDROMVOLREAD)
and SCSI CD-ROMs and tape drives don't have names beginning 'sd',
but what about SCSI tape, CD-ROM and other non-disk devices attached
to smart2 and dac960 controllers?  How can I check that a target is a
random-access read/write device?

2.  Are we making things harder for ourselves by looking for devices
by name?  What if fdisk_reread() started with a list of acceptable
device numbers and walked /dev to find the names?

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Regards,

Mark.