Re: Kernels for install and running system

Nils Rennebarth <nils@ipe.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

> Sooner or later I think we need to abandon the concept of one kernel for
> installation and the running system.

I understand that, Nils, but really, it's not our problem.  Herbert is
providing us with reasonable boot kernels.  If folks in the project
decide we wanna have a post-install kernel switch (I think that would
be foolish) then they can do so.  Better yet, the kernel could get
fully modular and we could have a self-bootstraping modular kernel
like SunOS.

Right now, we have one kernel for both.  SYSCTL is expected and
required, so just move on -- we have many many issues to deal with to
get boot-floppies ready for potato.