Re: data-dumper missing? (Re: request that base gets testing by test groups

On Thursday 18 November 1999, at 14 h 31, the keyboard of Raphael Hertzog
<rhertzog@hrnet.fr> wrote:

> No, POSIX is in perl-5.005-base. But some files (autosplit.ix at least)
> are missing.

It is already reported (#50242), with severity:Important (hence RC). Giving
the incredible number of severity:Critical bugs against perl-5.005-base, no
wonder it wasn't handled yet.

> > Should I fill in a bug against perl-5.005-base asking for POSIX and
> > Data::Dumper?
>
> If such a bug is not yet filled yes.

Done for Data::Dumper. #50552

> And explain to Darren, that they
> should be corrected rapidly in order to let people test further
> the new boot floppies. I can NMU the perl packages in order to correct
> this if Darren can't do it ...

Darren, are you there? The boot-floppies are the main problem for the potato release, and it's partly because they now depend a lot on perl-base, which is in bad shape.