Re: Borrowing boot disks

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 09:54:11PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> David Welton <davidw@master.debian.org> writes:

> > So, one idea I just wanted to throw out... if Redhat disks are too
> > much of a mess to swipe, why not look at some others?  Turbolinux
> > (also for PPC, I think), Storm Linux (which is Debian anyway...),
> > Corel, etc...

> Sure, whatever.  Go for it.  Give us a call when you have something
> working.

Fair enough.

> I don't mean to be brusque, but these discussions have been going on
> for a while.  There's nothing much better out there yet which
> supports all the stuff we wanna support, or is even close.

Which ones have you looked at?  If I'm to try and create 'something
working' myself, I don't want to waste time looking at boot systems
someone else has already examined (and determined not suitable?).

> Corel and Storm, for instance, are i386.

Do you have any links to documentation describing just what this
entails in the context of boot disks?

> For potato, however, my credo is "blaze ahead with what we got".

Makes sense.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria