Re: Borrowing boot disks

David Welton <davidw@master.debian.org> writes:

> So, one idea I just wanted to throw out... if Redhat disks are too
> much of a mess to swipe, why not look at some others?  Turbolinux
> (also for PPC, I think), Storm Linux (which is Debian anyway...),
> Corel, etc...

Sure, whatever.  Go for it.  Give us a call when you have something
working.

I don't mean to be brusque, but these discussions have been going on
for a while.  There's nothing much better out there yet which supports
all the stuff we wanna support, or is even close.  Corel and Storm,
for instance, are i386.  Moreover, for the boot-floppies effort at
this pre-freeze time, the continual way this issue is raised with
no-one really offering much real qualified evaluation or alternatives
is just distracting and demoralizing.

But in principle, the less code Debian has to maintain, the better.
For potato, however, my credo is "blaze ahead with what we got".