Re: New method of boot-floppies upload

Petr Cech <cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> writes:

> Hi,
> haggie asked me to post this:
> Should we upload boot-floppies ad ~50 byhand packages or as (say 3) .tar.gz
> archives (docs, common, arch) like the current powerpc (I think).
> {
> <haggie> cech: jo;  7 archs with ~50 packages ... and if we upload two
> versions ... 700 packages 'byhand' ;   dark and james will kill us  :-)
> }
>
> This approach would greatly reduce the number of byhand files.
>
> What is your opinion on this? I think it would be a good thing(tm).

I have *repeatedly* stated the desire to have boot-floppies upload
tarball(s) such as the powerpc does.

PLEASE!  YES!  We shall upload tarballs and not random resc1440.bin files.

Someone, please hack on debian/rules to implement this in the proper
cross-architecture fashion.  Or do I have to do it myself?  [I don't
have time and am already behind in the documentation.]