Re: Boot-Floppies: task-python packages

David Coe <david@someotherplace.org> writes:

> [*Q1*: Should this overview be included in each of the task-python-* package
> descriptions?  Just task-python?  Nowhere?]

I dunno.. in the individual descriptions.  You could have all this in
a /usr/share/doc/task-*/README .

>    Install:           if you want to:
>    -------            ---------------
>    task-python        write scripts and uncomplicated Python applications
>    task-python-web    write CGI scripts and web applications in Python
>    task-python-full   write complex Python applications and/or have
>                         available all the Debian-packaged Python extensions

I would think this would be task-python-dev

>    task-python-dev    write Python extensions in other programming languages

I would think this would merge with the above.

Remember, less is more.

>    task-python-apps   install all Debian applications that are written
>                         in or use Python (regardless of their purpose)
>  .
>  (Note that you needn't install any of these to be able to use
>  other packages that are written in Python; the required pieces
>  will be automatically installed along with the packages that need
>  them.)
>  .
>  (You may later remove these task-* packages without losing
>  anything else.)
>
> [*Q2*: are the above parenthetical explanations unnecessary?]

Perhaps.... they don't hurt.

> [*Q3*: is task-python-apps a ridiculous concept?]

I think so.

> Tasks
> =====
>
> [*Q4*: Please review the following task-package descriptions and their
> package selections; tell me what you think should be changed.  I don't
> know all these packages, just made my best guess from their
> descriptions.]

Looks okay to me, though I'm not a python hacker (unfortunately).