Re: An initrd proposal

On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 02:16:38PM -0700, Andrew D Lenharth wrote:
> What about the on a private network, or has NO net connection cases.  The
> former is simple, if we provide a http server a few platforms (user
> selectable port), but the other case is bad.  I have this 486 without
> cdrom or network card and no dial up ISP.  Then what.  I had this problem
> the first time with my Alpha too.  No cd, no network.

There is no way of supporting ALL cases otherwise i would like what
to do with my 386 Floppyless NetLess/CDLess machine.

I think the way should be to provider a MAINSTREAM installation
solution with good documentation what to do if you are not Mainstream.

I am currently building Linux Mipsel and we will have at least 10-20
Architectures so there will be no "common" boot disks. There
will be good documentation for everyone ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is