Re: An initrd proposal

> Why not letting choose a debian.mirror from the network
> installation disk and let it fetch the base2.1.tgz via http ?

> Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566

What about the on a private network, or has NO net connection cases.  The
former is simple, if we provide a http server a few platforms (user
selectable port), but the other case is bad.  I have this 486 without
cdrom or network card and no dial up ISP.  Then what.  I had this problem
the first time with my Alpha too.  No cd, no network.

Andrew Lenharth