Re: Succes building i386 boot-floppies

Matt Porter <mmporter@home.com> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 11:10:23AM +0200, Petr Cech wrote:
> > But I don't understand, why are these lines in rootdisk.sh:
> >
> >   rm -f $R/usr/lib/libslang.so.$SLVER $R/lib/libslang.so.$SLVER
> >   rm -f $R/usr/lib/libnewt*
> >
> > It's #ifdef so is executed on i386 only.

No, i386 and m68k, I think.

I'm not sure either; its related to libarary reduction.  I think
/usr/lib/libslang is actually /lib/libslang.

You'd just have to put a stop point at that part of the rootdisk.sh
and then grub around in the image/directory yourself and see what's
going on.  Adding more helpful comments to the shell script would be
good.

> > Then I've fixed the recode warnings. May I commit these fixes?

Yes please.

> > And shoul I upload 2.2.1 build of boot-floppies?

Please do not do so yet.

> It's no longer 2.2.1 if you made changes from the source tagged as
> porter_release_2_2_1.  You'll need to bump things to 2.2.2, and do a
> source/i386 release for 2.2.2.

Yes -- but, again, please do not do so yet.  I wanna get a sync real
quick first, and fix the byhand stuff in how the binaries are uploaded
to Incoming.